CAG Paintball Commo Hootch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CAG Paintball Commo Hootch

Welcome to the best paintball community on the web. Get info on different CAG courses, products and teams. Also link up with players just like you.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Painting your marker with the duracoat system.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mothman
Modorator
Modorator
Mothman

Painting your marker with the duracoat system. Empty
PostSubject: Painting your marker with the duracoat system.   Painting your marker with the duracoat system. Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009, 20:27

This thread will be featuring the process I went though to get a duracoat finish on my Alpha Black marker. Several spaces below will also be reserved for further steps and finished results.

Wes suggested to us Spartans to paint our markers to get all the black off of them. Black in the playing field creates shapes and a black marker and hopper would be just a fitting shape for an enemies eye to catch. Dulling the marker, and making it less shiney would also help reduce quicker recognition by our opfor. Instead of going the spray paint route which is fine, I decided to try something I have had my eye on for a while. The Duracoat painting system. Here are some highlights of its FAQ

- DuraCoat is extremely easy to apply. Anyone can do it. DuraCoat was designed for the average gun owner. Preheating, baking and blasting are not required. Expensive, space consuming equipment is not needed. Simply clean and degrease the surface prior to application.

-DuraCoat is permanent. With normal use, a firearm finished with DuraCoat will last several lifetimes.

-DuraCoat is a two part chemical coating. Unlike other firearm finishes, DuraCoat was created specifically for firearms. Other firearm finishes are "spin-off's" from other industries.

-DuraCoat can be applied by airbrush, conventional spray gun, or HVLP spray gun.

-DuraCoat is for spray application only.

-DuraCoat loves hard coat anodizing and Parkerizing as a base. Both processes leave a good rooting surface for DuraCoat.

-Most patterns can be used up to 6 times. The MirageFlage pattern is difficult to reuse because of the many angles. To reuse the template, remove from the firearm and place on wax paper for future use.

-All DuraCoat colors can be intermixed. With a handful of standard DuraCoat colors, you can create an infinite number of colors by blending them.
Duracoat applies on wood. DuraCoat is well suited for salty environments.

-The shelf life of DuraCoat is 12-18 months if properly sealed and stored in a cool, dark place. The shelf life of DuraCoat hardener is 6 months, but can be extended by sealing it in a zip lock bag and placing it in a refrigerator.
DuraCoat is not easily removed.

-Both DuraCoat and DuraBake are extremely durable. The advantage of DuraBake is its availability in a convenient aerosol can. The advantage of DuraCoat is it does not have to be baked and is available in an incredible number of colors.

-Many places supply duracoat products on the web. Some systems come in kits complete with special colors for special looks, and

So I went to http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_desertmirageflage.html and ordered the Duracoat Desert Mirageflage Camopak - Paint Only CAM016 and am now waiting on its arrival. Till next time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescenarioplayer.com
Mothman
Modorator
Modorator
Mothman

PostSubject: Re: Painting your marker with the duracoat system.   Painting your marker with the duracoat system. Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009, 20:28

I recieved the Duracoat paint today. It came with a Brown, Sand, Tan, and Lizard color, with some hardner and some detailed instructions. This is what the package looked like.

Painting your marker with the duracoat system. Dura

here is the kit I am using.

Painting your marker with the duracoat system. DESERTMIRAGEFLAGE

Last edited by Mothman on Thu 19 Feb 2009, 22:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mothman
Modorator
Modorator
Mothman

PostSubject: Re: Painting your marker with the duracoat system.   Painting your marker with the duracoat system. Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009, 20:28

{RESERVED SPOT FOR MOTHMAN}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting your marker with the duracoat system.   Painting your marker with the duracoat system. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting your marker with the duracoat system.
Page 1 of 1