CAG Paintball Commo Hootch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CAG Paintball Commo Hootch

Welcome to the best paintball community on the web. Get info on different CAG courses, products and teams. Also link up with players just like you.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paintball Tech

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tac_Paintball
Corporal (E-4)
Corporal (E-4)
Tac_Paintball

Paintball Tech Empty
PostSubject: Paintball Tech   Paintball Tech Icon_minitimeFri 08 Aug 2008, 09:35

I was looking around and I found this website. I haven't got to look around much but I thought it would be useful/interesting to someone.

Tacman
Back to top Go down
Mothman
Modorator
Modorator
Mothman

Paintball Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Tech   Paintball Tech Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008, 21:57

Hey Tac,

Nice site, I need to study it more.

Speakin of, here are some weapons sargeant questions for you.

-Whats the difference between a closed bolt and a open Bolt marker?

-What is the ball detent, and where is it? How many kinds are there that you know of?

-Where is the ASA?

More Specific:

-Where is the power tube on a tippmann 98?

-How does the A-5 ball loader work? I.E what helps it function?

Those are some starter questions for us all .
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescenarioplayer.com
Tac_Paintball
Corporal (E-4)
Corporal (E-4)
Tac_Paintball

Paintball Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Tech   Paintball Tech Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 17:40

Thanks, I havn't got to look at that site too much, but I did figure out how the cyclone feed works.

1.) Alright an opened bolt 98 reveals the internals, so it is easier to get dirty. A closed bolt (A-5) is the exact opposite. I'm stilling looking on how the closed bolt works.

2.) I'm not particuliar sure about the ball detents, but if you can provide a link to the information I would like to find out.

3.) The ASA is located right below the grip, and is also mounted on it.

4.) The powertube on the 98 is located right in front of the bolt, near the center of the marker.

5.) The A-5 cyclone feed uses C02 to power it. The C02 pushes the feeding sprocket, thus feeding another ball into the chamber.

Hope I'm right. Talk to you later.

-Tacman
Back to top Go down
CAG-6
Admin
CAG-6

Paintball Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Tech   Paintball Tech Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 20:47

Hey Tac,

Very good job on your research, and keep up the good work. You're headed in the right direction. However, I'm going to give you a few Weapons Sergeant Questions that you need to know the answer to.

1. What is "Dead Space"?

2. What weapons system would be best used to cover dead space?

3. What weapons system should be used to cover the main avenue of approach?

4. What Duty position should carry the LAW/RPG?

5. What Duty position should operate the Mortar system?

6. What is a high speed avenue of approach?

7. What is cover?

8. What is concealment?

9. What is a battledrill?

Tac_Paintball wrote:
Thanks, I havn't got to look at that site too much, but I did figure out how the cyclone feed works.

1.) Alright an opened bolt 98 reveals the internals, so it is easier to get dirty. A closed bolt (A-5) is the exact opposite. I'm stilling looking on how the closed bolt works.

2.) I'm not particuliar sure about the ball detents, but if you can provide a link to the information I would like to find out.

4.) The powertube on the 98 is located right in front of the bolt, near the center of the marker.

5.) The A-5 cyclone feed uses C02 to power it. The C02 pushes the feeding sprocket, thus feeding another ball into the chamber.

-Tacman
Back to top Go down
http://www.cagpaintball.com
Mothman
Modorator
Modorator
Mothman

Paintball Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Tech   Paintball Tech Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 21:05

Very Cool ,Tac. I'm impressed!
These are some basics. Once you get past em, you will be asking me the question for me to answer.

Tac_Paintball wrote:

Good answer! Good awareness of where and how markers can develop problems. Keep researching on the closed-open bolt issue.

Quote :
The ball detent on the A-5 and 98 are right under the front bolt. It's a little orange rubber thingy. It keeps the ball from traveling out the barrel, waiting to be shot. I've had one wear on me and almost ruin a day of play. There are other kinds of detents too. Other markers use a spring loaded bearing. Check out some of the spyders or their clones sometime to see what I'm talking about.

Quote :
Good answer! The A-5 also has two ASA threaded holes. The first like you said is under the grip, the second is where the airline feeds into the marker. Just unscrew the line from the marker and notice you can use that ASA just like the one under the grip. This is a standard in the industy. Not all markers follow the standard but most do.

Quote :
Nice! Be aware of this tube. It needs its love to survive. I've had a 98 break down twice because this tube was abused and missused. Unscrewing and screwing back into the marker can damage it. It also need that oil love. A marker needs to oiled with a few drops every play day, or every other in the ASA of the marker so that the air will push that oil through the marker and help that tube out.

Quote :
Good observation. Now think about what that means for the air usage of a A-5. Not only is the marker relieant on the air source but so is the ball loader.

Quote :

-Tacman
Good start tac. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescenarioplayer.com
Tac_Paintball
Corporal (E-4)
Corporal (E-4)
Tac_Paintball

Paintball Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Tech   Paintball Tech Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 16:07

Quote :
The ball detent on the A-5 and 98 are right under the front bolt. It's a little orange rubber thingy. It keeps the ball from traveling out the barrel, waiting to be shot. I've had one wear on me and almost ruin a day of play. There are other kinds of detents too. Other markers use a spring loaded bearing. Check out some of the spyders or their clones sometime to see what I'm talking about.

Oh, yea I knew that I had just forgot what is was called.

Quote :
Good answer! The A-5 also has two ASA threaded holes. The first like you said is under the grip, the second is where the airline feeds into the marker. Just unscrew the line from the marker and notice you can use that ASA just like the one under the grip. This is a standard in the industy. Not all markers follow the standard but most do.

Yea there is the tombstone also, but I didn't know if you wanted me to list it.

I guess I pass right? cheers See you at practice.

Tacman
Back to top Go down
Tac_Paintball
Corporal (E-4)
Corporal (E-4)
Tac_Paintball

Paintball Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Tech   Paintball Tech Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 18:13

Quote :
Hey Tac,

Very good job on your research, and keep up the good work. You're headed in the right direction. However, I'm going to give you a few Weapons Sergeant Questions that you need to know the answer to.

1. What is "Dead Space"?

2. What weapons system would be best used to cover dead space?

3. What weapons system should be used to cover the main avenue of approach?

4. What Duty position should carry the LAW/RPG?

5. What Duty position should operate the Mortar system?

6. What is a high speed avenue of approach?

7. What is cover?

8. What is concealment?

9. What is a battledrill?

Sorry I missed your post.

1.) Any area in a weapon's sector that cannot not be hit by fire from that weapon.

2.) Grenade Launcher, Mortar, and Mines.

3.) Machine Gun, AT weapon.

4.) Weapons Sergeant

5.) Weapons Sergeant

6.) An approach to get to objective quickly. Ex: Traveling Overwatch/Bounding Overwatch.

7.) Anything that gives you protection from enemy fire.

8.) Anything that hides you from enemy observation.

9.) Drill or simulations on what to do on a real-life situation.

Looking forward to seeing my score.

Tacman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paintball Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Tech   Paintball Tech Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paintball Tech
Page 1 of 1