CAG Paintball Commo Hootch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CAG Paintball Commo Hootch

Welcome to the best paintball community on the web. Get info on different CAG courses, products and teams. Also link up with players just like you.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marker and gear check up before a big game.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mothman
Modorator
Modorator
Mothman

Marker and gear check up before a big game. Empty
PostSubject: Marker and gear check up before a big game.   Marker and gear check up before a big game. Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 16:51

A big Mout game is coming up in three months and I starting testing out some of my gear. Low and behold I found all kinds of discrepancies. My Alpha Black needs some more attention. Seems air leaks out when the hammer is closed. Orings? Maybe.
Then I tested my radios by setting myself up with my headset and giving my wife another unit. As she watched tv, I walked the neighborhood talking to her. I learned somethings about my radio, but then, pfft, the radio died on me. So either the rechargeable batteries arnt holding their charge, or I just need to charge them more.

This goes back to things Ive seen on other forums about testing your gear, two months out, then one month out, then one week out. What If you need to order a part for your marker? So keep your gear in mind. Come to practices with your full kit if you have a big game coming up. Test it out at home, you never know what will pop up.
Marker and gear check up before a big game. Oring
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescenarioplayer.com
Spook21
Modorator
Modorator
Spook21

PostSubject: Re: Marker and gear check up before a big game.   Marker and gear check up before a big game. Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 17:28

Yes you're absolutly right Mothman! One of the most important things before any big or a routine practice is checking your gear! I have found that if you check your gear in advance and make sure your marker is clean and oiled! You will have less trouble with your gear failing you out on the field! So, it is always a good idea to bring extra equipment with you too!
Back to top Go down
GRGhost
Staff Sergeant (E-6)
Staff Sergeant (E-6)
GRGhost

PostSubject: Re: Marker and gear check up before a big game.   Marker and gear check up before a big game. Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2009, 23:13

That headset come from Radio Shack? It is an ok headset but the ptt is too small. Where did you get it if you didn't get it from Radio Shack, I am wanting a headset of my set of unidens that look just like those, can't seem to find a headset thatt works right.
Back to top Go down
Mothman
Modorator
Modorator
Mothman

PostSubject: Re: Marker and gear check up before a big game.   Marker and gear check up before a big game. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2009, 16:10

That headet was a universal one from radio Shack. I'd say about $12.

The testing I did on it concluded: I put the headset on Vox and then when i press the talk button on the unit, I can be heard. I cant set the headset to ptt and push the talk button on the headset.
I was fine with that. I consider either way I'm reaching for something and I can set my unit close enough not to care.
Not my first choice of a headset. If I really wanted, I should have contacted Uniden and found out what matched up with what I have. Later down the road I may do just that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescenarioplayer.com
GRGhost
Staff Sergeant (E-6)
Staff Sergeant (E-6)
GRGhost

PostSubject: Re: Marker and gear check up before a big game.   Marker and gear check up before a big game. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2009, 16:29

Good luck! I've tried that route and couldn't get anything. Thus why I purchased my Motorolas and then I can use those throat mics and other ones. I am just using the unidens without the headset/mic and in the home base type deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marker and gear check up before a big game.   Marker and gear check up before a big game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marker and gear check up before a big game.
Page 1 of 1